Up and Down?
“You can’t stop the waves, but You can learn to surf.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
What is Bipolor Disorder?
Bipolar disorder is a mental condition that causes significant shifts in mood, activity levels, concentration, and energy. These moods range from depressive episodes like feeling sad, indifferent, or hopeless to manic episodes of feeling agitated, irritated, restless, elated, or extremely energetic.
Bipolar disorder is characterized by extreme mood swings. These can range from extreme highs (Mania) to extreme lows (Depression). Everyone who has bipolar disorder experiences a different pattern of mood changes.
There is no cure for bipolar disorder, but through behavior therapy and the right combination of mood stabilizers and other bipolar medicines, most people with bipolar disorder can live normal, productive lives and control the illness.
Are you experiencing any of these things?
- Sad, hopeless, or irritable
- Withdrawing from friends and family
- Lack of energy
- Difficulty concentrating and remembering things
- Loss of interest in everyday activities
- Feeling emptiness or worthlessness
- Feeling guilt and despair
- Feeling pessimistic about everything
- Lack of appetite
- Difficulty sleeping
- Suicidal thoughts
- Feeling very happy or overjoyed
- Racing thoughts and feeling jumpy
- Talking very quickly
- Easily distracted
- Feeling full of energy
- Feeling self-important
- Feeling full of new ideas and plans
- Easily irritated or agitated
- Less need for sleep
- Low appetite or not eating
- Feeling impulsive like having sex, gambling, or spending lots of money
If so, you may be suffering from Bipolar Disorder.
Be Your Best
My holistic approach is focused on your overall health and well-being, and determining what type of treatment will work best for you rather than just treating your symptoms.
How It Works
In weekly sessions, you will learn a combination of guided meditation practice, and psychiatrically proven exercises to cultivate mindfulness to lower depression and anxiety, and increase well-being. Sessions include the body scan, mindful meditation, and practicing self-compassion. We also explore the difficult experiences of depression and anxiety together and help you develop strategies for recognizing behaviors or symptoms of relapse, and how to respond more effectively.
Restore Hope, Meaning, and Purpose to Your Life with Mindfulness
Learn How to Calm Your Mind in Just 4 Steps with My Free Guide to Mindfulness
Mindfulness is a technique you can learn to be fully present and engaged in the moment without judging anything. It can help you manage your thoughts, feelings, and mental health.
Mindfulness is a healthy mental state that brings balance, openness, and eases to the mind and body. I will teach you to work with yourself naturally, in combination with psychiatric medications when needed, in order to bring balance, health, wellness, and peak performance into your life.
Daniel Rippetoe MD, MBA
Hi! I’m Dr. Daniel Rippetoe. I have been practicing psychiatry for over fifteen years and have experience with a variety of mental and behavioral health conditions having taken care of patients from all walks of life.
I am originally from Texas and studied biology and psychology in college in Missouri. After graduating from medical school at the University of Arkansas I went to Indiana University for my Psychiatry residence and a few years ago I moved to Florida and started my private practice.
I am experienced in working with mental health issues including depression, anxiety, insomnia, trauma/PTSD, Bipolar, addictions, and other disorders. I have a strong interest in the role of spirituality in emotional and mental well-being. I have found mindfulness-based stress reduction to be a perfect combination with minimal medication.
Schedule a brief phone call with me and let’s see if you are interested in my philosophy for treatment. Stay positive, we can do this together!
How We Work Together
- Every person is a unique individual who is in pain and needs help
- You are treated with dignity and respect
- We are partners in the healing process
- The concept of “mental illness” and marginalizing individuals with confusing diagnostic labels is not endorsed
- You are treated within a comforting, confidential, and supportive environment
- We will work on stability, emotional control, and behavior containment
- Tools, resources, and medication when necessary are provided to help you enjoy a more peaceful balanced life
Achieve the Life You Want to Live
Let me help you improve your overall mental health and well-being by developing a treatment plan that works for your individual needs and preferences.